Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CitiCash = CrapCash

If you're thinking about getting a Citi card because you think that "CitiCash" means cashback rewards, don't. It's not cashback. It's a craptastic program of measly "discounts" on junky stuff.

I have $1500 in CitiCash. You would think that I could get perhaps a gift card or something for free. Oh no. I could get a $50 gift card for $45 (of real money, charged to my credit card, and $5 deducted from my CitiCash balance.) Wowee Zowee!! I'm blown away by the "savings"!

I have a different Citi card that DOES have a cashback rewards program. It turned out not to be implemented very well. I don't use it often, but bought it with me on vacation earlier this year. I came home and paid off the balance. Later, I got notified that I had earned $1.67 in cashback rewards. After the credit sat on my account for a couple of months, they decided to send it to me in the form of a check. Never asked me, just did it. (And it was badly timed, too, because I happened to make a $1 charge and thought, great, my credit will cover this, I won't have to remember to make a payment! Nope, turns out Citi could sense that something was going to work out just right, and processed the refund the day before I made that $1 charge.)

You know, Citi, my bank account is linked to the Citi account for electronic withdrawl. Maybe you could have sent it me electronically? Now I get to make a special trip to the bank to deposit my $1.67. YAY!!!

And I also have to remember to log back in so I can initiate a $1 payment to cover that random little charge.

The amount of work I am doing over approximately a dollar is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment