Friday, June 24, 2011

Jack of all trades, master of T-rexes

I like differentiation, and list-making. I like compartmentalization. That's why I have a credit card for each kind of expense (gas, food, discretionary purchases, business stuff). It's why we have something like 9 different bank accounts. It's also why I used to try to maintain five different journals (dreams, writing notes, personal, fitness, and equine activities) and several different blogs (writing, finance, horses, art.)

But you know, at some point, this system that supposed to make things easier begins to implode under its own weight. It becomes an entirely new and Herculean task to manage all of these different things. So, screw that. I'm one person and so I'm going to have one blog. A mishmashed, no-point blog. So without further ado, here's last night's dream:

I had another T-rex dream. Ever since I saw Jurassic Park when I was about 13, I have had re-occurring dreams where I'm being chased or hunted by a T-rex. Although it's extremely silly, because obviously T-rexes are not something you need to worry about in your daily life, but the dreams themselves are quite terrifying. I have no idea what they mean, or what the T-rex represents. My other re-occurring dreams include but are not limited to: tornados, levitation, and winning fistfights with street hobos.

Last night I dreamnt that this one T-rex had been hanging around my house for quite some time and for some reason was particularly interested in me and not other people. I was safe in the house, but couldn't really venture outside because he would come out of nowhere and go after me. Since he didn't really bother other people, it wasn't much of a concern to anyone except me. Most people didn't believe me that the T-rex would come for me if I went outside. They thought I was exaggerating about how he was gunning for me. (Kind of like how people don't believe that bees are always out to get me even though THEY TOTALLY ARE.)

I was persuaded into going outside by my fiance, and was quite far out into the backyard when, lo and behold, the T-rex appears from behind from trees. He's stealthy and quiet, that one. So I start running for the safety of the house. It was wintertime, and my fiance was scooping up snowballs and throwing them, to distract the T-rex. Apparently that had worked in the past, but the T-rex had gotten wise to it. So he ignored the snowballs completely and was focused on me. He caught up to me and was opening his jaws wide to eat me and I knew it was now or never. I managed to get one skillful jab into his eye and he cried and lurched backwards. It bought me just enough time to get in the house and slam the door in his face.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment