Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

I'm not a meanie. I'm just MISUNDERSTOOD.




So yesterday I vented about this email "misunderstanding" I had.

I explained the exchange to my fiance, and he totally sided with the Other Guy.

WHHHAAAAATTTT?????

Shit.

My argument fell apart. I trust him, and I trust his logic. My fiance gets along great with EVERYBODY. Everyone loves him. Frankly, it's kind of annoying. If someone doesn't like him or trust him, it's a pretty clear sign that they have some pretty serious personal issues. So I trust his opinion completely when it comes to interpersonal exchanges, and therefore I had to simply accept the fact that *I* was in the wrong. !!!

My fiance says to me, "Not everyone thinks like you. That's a good thing. You're unique."

I said, "Well, no, it's not a good thing, apparently. Because it causes a lot of misunderstandings, strife, trauma, anger, and lost opportunities."

I am a special and unique snowflake. Oh goody.

I explained the whole thing to my female coworker, and she was very surprised also. She had completely understood my frustration with the email exchange. She concluded "it must be a guy thing." Well, yeah, it was a guy I was emailing. Perhaps that's true. Women and men certainly do seem to look at things differently sometimes, in surprising ways.

It made me step back and wonder how other people perceive me. But at the same time... I can't help who I am, or how I think. Obsessing over it is not going to help whatsoever. I guess I just have to try to remember that people are different, they think differently, and try to be more tolerant of others - ? Ugh that sounds so touchy-feeling. No thanks, warm fuzzies.

I know I have a bit of an..... anger issue. I personally think my anger problem is funny, and endearing in its own way. But other people just seem to think it's scary. Huh.










1 comment:

  1. "I am a special and unique snowflake. Oh goody." made me snort with laughter.

    Love this post.

    Are you channeling ME? :-)

    ReplyDelete