Friday, September 16, 2011

Expectations vs. Reality

I just looked through some old posts and found one from early June in which I outlined all the goals I had for this summer. I'm going to take a moment and measure how I did:

1. Ride (the horse I am leasing)
Yeah pretty much did that, although he tried to kill me a couple of times. Realized I am too old to be riding crazy horses, cause if they throw me, I'm not gonna bounce like I used to.

2. Get really fit (running every day) and lose 15 lbs.
Um, not quite. Turns out, running is hard on your joints and I kinda gave up on that. But I have been doing better with exercising lately, and have lost the 5 lbs I gained earlier this year.

3. Make money and actually save it (by being frugal and selling junk, of which I have a lot)
Again, not quite. I did sell a couple things on Ebay and bought a wireless printer with the proceeds.

4. Finish my writing project
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

5. Do some fun stuff, like visiting some new amusements parks, hiking trails, maybe even start a band with the girls
Visit new amusement park? Check. Hiking trails? Well I've been to the same old dog park a lot, and finally visited the Summit House in South Hadley, MA. Start a band? Yeah... no. That one was just... wildly optimistic.

Part of the problem is just how fast time goes by. I feel like summer just started, and suddenly it's fall. I think I need to change my future-perception of time. A month sounds like a long time to me... I need to start realizing a month is nothing, and if I give myself a deadline, it's going to be upon me very soon so I'd better not procrastinate.





No comments:

Post a Comment