Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm so gay for Lady Gaga


I've had a girl crush on Lady Gaga for a long time, but now that she's gone and transformed into Joe Calderone, I'm even more...what's the word... titillated?

*robot voice* Feelings are confusing. Does not compute. Sensory overload... system shutdown imminent!



(Note to Gaga superfans: yes, I know she came up with the Joe persona a while ago, but it was for an overseas publication and she never came out and said it was definitely her.)

The cover for You and I, and the video, is the first time she's rolled out Joe in the US and quite frankly I'm very surprised it's not making more of a splash. I mean, she makes out with Joe (er, herself?) in the video. If I was the kind of person who is genuinely shocked by Gaga, I would have been super shocked by that. Maybe everyone is just so used to her doing outlandish stuff that they're not paying attention anymore?

I'm so far down the Gaga rabbit hole that it really doesn't matter to me what she does, I'll pretty much perceive everything as absolutely awesome and brilliant. So I freely admit I've lost all objectivity.

Oh well.









No comments:

Post a Comment