Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nostalgia strikes again

If I have such bad nostalgia now, in my early 30's, I can only imagine how bad it's going to get when I'm older.

I snapped this picture of a beat up old Ford truck I was following the other day, because I noticed something special about it.



HELLO, that is a Mountain Park bumper sticker! The park closed in, what, 1988? I wanted to high-five the driver.

I'm sure no one outside of Western Mass has any idea of what Mountain Park was, so just know that it was an awesome old-fashioned amusement park. It burned down when I was a kid, but not before it burned a lot of memories and images onto my brain. It was happy and cheery by day, but at night it took on kind of a creepy vibe... just the way amusement parks ought to, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment